Tuesday, January 20, 2009

NOLA Art & Whimsy 010 - Coffee Shop Patio

Please click on the image for a larger, more-detailed version.
Ahhhh, FREEDOM!
Can you believe- can you just imagine:
We went out to a coffee house, ordered coffee and muffins, then went out to sit on the patio.
Believe it or not, I was able to pick up the ashtray and move it to another table myself!
Yep! All by myself! I didn't have to have the Nanny State do it for me! I'm a big-boy!


What will happen after Barry takes the ship today? As a smoker, will he humbly use himself as a bad example, citing his own sacrifice when he supports legislation to modify our behavior with wide-sweeping smoking bans? Or will his filthy habit give him the compassion to cut smokers some slack, since it is a legal substance and all.
I guess it's really up to the Tobacco Lobby. Lord knows the government doesn't trust the Market, which is just the will of the people voted in money.

I know, I know, the POTUS has more important things to worry about, like bicycle helmet laws. But really, all he has to do is sign a paper after the others do the work.

Barack Me Obamadeus



Disclaimer:
This is clearly whimsy on my part, not the whimsy of New Orleans.
The coffee house is "Fuel" on Magazine St. (not to be confused with "Refuel" on Hampson St). I stole the Obamadeus joke from XKCD.


No comments:

Post a Comment