Monday, June 1, 2009

NOLA Architechture 027 - Anne Rice's St. Elizabeth's

Please click on the images for larger, more-detailed versions.
Where Napoleon & Prytania streets meet sits St. Elizabeth's, formerly owned by Anne Rice. I don't know much about it, except that I rode my bike past it most days as I went to work, 2/5 of a mile away on Prytania. On the Prytania side of the buiding hung a sign that read, "Stan Rice Gallery". Far as I know, Stan died and Anne sold the place. Now it is St. Elizabeth's Condominiums , for which I'm guessing she should be shot. There seems to be a fair amount of text about it (as well as interior pictures) on her website and the condo website. Please visit the links provided for that.







View Larger Map

2 comments:

  1. 2/5ths? What, the hell is that? I guess we should be glad you didn't report in some polyrhythmic kilometers. "Oh it was just three kilometers over two miles away."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I don't know why I strayed from my usual decimal use. But I have a bigger problem in that when I DO use fractions, I forget to reduce them.

    Everything is an exercise.

    ReplyDelete